Effective Date: November 20, 2017.
- Sources of Information About You
- Our Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
- Updating Information
- Third Party Services, Features and Devices
- Your Rights and Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- International Transfer
- Privacy Shield and Data Transfer
- Contact Information
Information we may collect from you
When you use the Site or contact us we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us, including:
- Forms filled out by you on the Site;
- Content of correspondence with us;
- Site registration;
- Orders placed on the Site;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site;
- Information from social media or other platforms when you sign on to or otherwise link our Site(s) with your Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Google, Instagram, Tumblr or other online account;
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
- Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs/images, or comments.
Disclosure of your information
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share and disclose information (including Personal Information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
Sources of Information About You
We and our Service Providers (defined below) may obtain information about you from a variety of sources, including you, your interaction with DemerBox, and third parties. Such information may include your Personal Information. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Services, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information in instances where we have not requested that you submit such information to us.
Information you provide to us: If you use certain Services, you may be required to provide us or our Service Providers certain information, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, posting material or requesting further services.
- Information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on our website or through our Services.
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Services and other interactions you have with DemerBox:
We and our Service Providers may automatically collect your usage information about how you use the Services, including your access times, location, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol addresses, as well as device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device's interaction with our Services (collectively, “Usage Information”).
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The methods we use to collect Usage Information may include:
- Log Information. Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies. Cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, voice processing technologies, device fingerprinting, in-app tracking methods, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and activity behavior.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Pages of the Services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit DemerBox, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
- Voice Processing Technologies. Voice processing technologies analyze the data collected through the microphone on your device for purposes such as responding to your requests and providing you with relevant content based on your requests. Company does not have access to your actual voice; however, third parties may have access and you should review their policies accordingly.
- In-App Tracking Methods. There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile apps, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps.
Some information about your use of the Services and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Services and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Third Party Services, Features, and Devices” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources:
Our Use of Information
We may use information we collect to communicate with you and send you news, information and advertisements about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, rewards and events offered by us and select third party partners (for information about how to manage these communications and marketing efforts, please see “Your Rights and Choices” below).
We may also use information about you (i) to track and analyze trends, activities and usage in connection with our Services; (ii) to process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards; (iii) to protect our rights or property; (iv) to compare information for accuracy; (v) to verify your identity; (vi) to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm; and (vii) for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Additionally, we or our Service Providers may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and information, products or services that you request from us.
- Manage our Services, including your registration and account, and to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improve the Service or other DemerBox or affiliated websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Enable us to display advertisements.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store Personal Information in the United States.
Sharing of Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal business purposes.
- To contractors, agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers we use to support our business (“Service Providers”) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may permit these Service Providers to use aggregate information that does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, life, health, security or safety of DemerBox, the Services, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services.
- With our subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, and other third parties, including licensors, for their own business purposes, including direct marketing purposes (California residents have certain rights set forth in “Your California Privacy Rights” below).
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- For any lawful purpose, including, without limitation, selling your data to third parties.
- With your consent or direction.
Without limiting the foregoing, we may also share non-personally identifiable information (aggregated or otherwise) with third parties or affiliates for any reason.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by third parties that may require submitting Personal Information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
You may update or correct information about yourself by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by accessing your “My Account” page.
Third Party Services, Features and Devices
Our Services contain content from and hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, and services operated and owned by third parties (“Third Party Services”). In addition, our Services contain features that allow you to interact with, connect to, or access our Services through certain Third Party Services and third party devices (“Third Party Features”). For example, you use a Third Party Feature when you purchase a product through our Service using PayPal. Remember that third parties may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you. Also, if you use a Third Party Feature, both we and the applicable third party may have access to and use information associated with your use of the Third Party Feature. If you publicly reference our Service on a Third Party Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Company in a tweet or post), we may use your reference on or in connection with our Service.
Our Service also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties. For example, analytics services, such as Google Analytics, may use Tracking Technologies on our Service to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. Similarly, ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities, which may include sending you an ad on a Third Party Service or third party device after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Your Rights and Choices
Accessing Your Information
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by sending an e-mail to us here. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California residents have additional rights set forth in “Your California Privacy Rights” below.
Tracking Technologies Generally
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. With respect to our mobile apps, you can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain location-based services, by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
You may exercise choices regarding receipt of Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Company is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt-out of receiving certain promotional communications (e-mails, push notifications, text messages, and calls) from us at any time by (i) for e-mails, following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link, or contacting us here with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail; (ii) for push notifications or in-app messages, adjusting the permissions in your mobile device; (iii) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us or contacting us here and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (iv) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us here and specifying you want to opt-out of calls. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or, for e-mails, non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Company’s ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
Company may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please e-mail us here or send us a letter to DemerBox, LLC c/o Southern Ground, 101 Gardner Park, Peachtree City, Georgia 30318; Attn: Chief Operating Officer. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Company is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service and posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by sending an e-mail to us here. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
Our Services are intended for a general audience and not intended for anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through our Services. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian or otherwise believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 in a manner not permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, please contact us so that we can delete the child’s information.
We take reasonable measures designed to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within the Services.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding our policy at this address email@example.com or send us a letter to DemerBox c/o Southern Ground, 101 Gardner Park, Peachtree City, Georgia 30318.